PSParadise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum suggestions

+3
waratte
WrathOfOlympus
Xian Nox
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Forum suggestions - Page 2 Empty Re: Forum suggestions

Post  TheMercenary Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:30 am

I'm not sure that plugin is a good idea, looks insecure. We use phpbb right? AJAX is a good one, Ive used it myself. Second, am I the only one who thinks this theme is a bit cluttered and, aside from that, some of the fonts match their backgrounds in color so you cant see them. That needs a fix asap.

(I used to have a forum myself, so I know alot about themes and setup. Even had my own domain name.)
TheMercenary
TheMercenary

Back to top Go down

Post  waratte Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:27 am

It's not really a plugin, it's all externally handled.

You would sign up here: http://chatango.com/, then make a chatroom over there. Then, they will give you HTML code to copy over to your site. Once you've done all that, users will be able to sign up for your chatroom here without leaving the page.

And yes, we are using phpbb (phpbb2 it seems) but, the administrator doesn't have full access to this forum in terms of adding and modifying code. Thus, he won't be able to add phpbb mods to it since they require modifications to phpbb's code. If he would have had his own site, I'd suggest that or mChat to him.

Luckily, it seems he can add an integrated chatbox to his forums without modifying code. The main page reads: "Chat box, gallery, portal, calendar, Role playing game...". So, if you're reading this Admin, add it! Very Happy

waratte

http://bb.waratte.us/

Back to top Go down

Post  TheMercenary Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:40 pm

We need a modding section. If we add that, I'lll start posting guides and resources to mod your psps.
TheMercenary
TheMercenary

Back to top Go down

Post  TheMercenary Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:05 pm

btw, I just finished my forum. no im not copying souleater or this forum, ive had this forum, but my hosting service went bust. so I brought it back on a different site, i would have my own domain, but im short on cash right now. at any rate feel free to have a look, either for ideas to use here, or to join my forum. I look forward to hearing what yall think.

cybernetics.freeforums.org/index.php
TheMercenary
TheMercenary

Back to top Go down

Post  waratte Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:19 am

I dunno, I've seen a lot of these kinds of sites and in all, I'm not impressed...

waratte

Back to top Go down

Post  TheMercenary Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:00 pm

meh. Well, that's how i had it set up. its not all gaming tho. and lets be honest, this site isnt much different in content.
TheMercenary
TheMercenary

Back to top Go down

Post  waratte Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:29 am

It's not about the content, the fact that it's another site on a "forum hoster" like this that needs members and activity.

These kinds of sites pop up so frequently and close down the same way. The owner of them gets tired of managing the site.

Then, all of these sites feel the same, offering nothing new in comparison of the other sites. If your site offered something new, something different, then I would join. But, it doesn't...

waratte

Back to top Go down

Post  TheMercenary Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:48 am

I was using my site as an example of how we could better organize this site. As I said, the categorizes here are to spread out and too specific, you'll notice my categories are very broad. In retrospect, it may have not been the best idea to post about it here. Oh well.
TheMercenary
TheMercenary

Back to top Go down

Post  jc_gargma Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:39 am

Possibly alter the colour theme for user names as listed in the online users section, as well as members online and latest post links.
The current theme has a user whose member page you do not have not visited in your browser history appear as the same red as admin (albeit, not in bold,) becoming the correct usergroup colour white after being viewed.
I find this highly confusing at first glance, and makes knowing user ranks unintuitive.
In addition, the user data section next to a user's post shows for basic users as the admin's red colouration (and bolded as well,) instead of the basic usergroup colour of white, which again makes distinguishing user ranks difficult.
jc_gargma
jc_gargma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2